Saturday, February 7, 2009

Voices For Change - LAVORE RICHMOND

Voices for Change.

Your Message: President Obama,

I am a federal employee at the FDIC, a reserve field grade officer, and recent OIF veteran. I have always believed that it is my duty and responsibility to bring to my federal job and reserve unit, value added experience and abilities to raise the level of excellence. Unfortunately, until hearing your inauguration I was ready to give up on my efforts to excel at my federal job. You see, I don\'t look like the historical and current leaders of the corporation, and I\'ve been made to feel that despite the fact that I have a lot of value to bring to the FDIC, I have been held back. Well, since 20 Jan 09, I\'ve decided not to give up and accept things-but continue to compete and show management that I\'m there to stay and bring value, and that I have the desire to excel with my peers. Being a part of the federal government allows me to continue service to my country from a different perspective than the military. I have been blessed that my military reserve career has complimented my federal government service. There is so much I can offer the FDIC that gets stifled because I am not in a decision making position to team with other decision makers. But, now I have been motivated by your speech and energy. I can’t give up, and I too believe that Americans are counting on us, and like President Kennedy said, “ask not, what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country”. I have always believed in that statement and will continue to hold it close to my efforts to do what I can for my country. Thank you Mr. President. I will continue to do, what I have to do, and will do it honestly and with pride.

Sincerely,
Lavore Richmond
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy