Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Voices for Change

Voices for Change.

Lisa Johnson
I guess my biggest concern is all the people and family’s out there that have lost jobs. I know that subsidizing unemployment and programs like WIC are really important right now.
I will be watching how this stimulus package is spent, but I just keep thinking of the quote “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.\"
I really need to see people going back to work. Not collecting unemployment.

I am presently Back in School to Learn to be a Master Gardner. Something that I have a passion for, for more reasons then I enjoy gardening. This certification will allow me to volunteer time for the community in getting more food to food banks, as well as teaching children how to garden and create a healthier green environment. When I started in this program though I was amazed at how many people don\'t even know that an organization like this even exists much less what it does. I do realize that money to support what this group does come from donations and the government.
Organizations like this one are fantastic and I would really like to see that information about them and the government support for them is more forthcoming and more easily available to the communities they benefit. Schools need to push programs like this and at least let children know that they exist. People are aware of The 4H clubs but what they don’t know is that there are also programs like Junior Master Gardeners. I will be teaching a class of hopefully 16 students from my county. Why only 16? My county is huge!! It’s because people don’t know about this program. That needs to change.

Steve Dressler
Continue the leadership that this country
and the world so badly needs. Barack is
#1.
have a nice day!
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy