Monday, June 22, 2009

Voices For Change: Lucille Petty-Nelson

Good Job!

May God continue to bless you and your family. When you ran for senator of Il. I was teaching Social Studies at Henson Elementary School.
I was one of Chicago Teachers Union Representatives. One of my most memorable times is the night that you were guest peaker at one of our union meetings. I was most impressed; I hung on your every word. I returned to work with a determination to do whatever I could to make it happen. I encouraged everyone at my school to vote for Barack Obama. Almost everyone aked," who the hell is Barack Obama? I've never heard of him! I would say, well you've heard of him now! To anwer your question, he is the Man! what do you mean he's the Man? I mean he's the Man that God has csosen to be the next President of the United States. Some replied "Yeah! Right!" Finally, their responses were, well "what the hell? I dont't know anyone I would vote for, so why not?" According to the pole result you carried 99% of Henson's population. I have gone from being physico to being physic. Know this, God is on your side; and for what it's worth, so am I. When I told John (my husband) you were going to be the next President, he said, "it's going to happen but not in my lifetime." My response was, " it's going to be in my lifetime!" In retrospect, we were both right. John pased away September 25th 2006.
Much Love,
Lucille Petty-Nelson
Email sisterpetty@aol.com
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy