- Gingrich said his campaign starts "anew" this Sunday. "As someone who has been in public life for nearly forty years, I know full well the rigors of campaigning for public office. I will endure them. I will carry the message of American renewal to every part of this great land, whatever it takes," Gingrich said in a message emailed to supporters and posted on his Facebook page Friday.
- CNN hosts the second Republican debate this Monday in New Hampshire, and Newt Gingrich will take part. Also participating in debates is Michelle Buchanan, although she hansn't officially declared her candidacy for 2012 election.
- Mitt Romney is polling well nationally, even against President Obama in a potential presidential showdown in 2012, but he has some issues against social conservatives. They believe he's someone who has flip-flopped too much on key issues. It's worth noting that majority of the people still believe that Pres. Bush is responsible for much of the economic disaster that the US enduring currently. On the other hand, after year and half of stimulus spending, unemployment is still around 9%, which is definitely bad news for Barack Obama - who'll have to weather a tough Republican storm come 2012 election.
- President Obama will be in the key state of Florida on Monday and Tuesday, campaigning for re-election, as well as selling his economic policies.
- For Republicans, Thursday thru Saturday, Southern Republican Leadership Conference will be held in Orleans. Newt Gingrich has said he'll be there.
- Saturday, House Speaker John Boehner will be playing golf with President Barack Obama. This comes in the midst of their battle raise the debt ceiling.