Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What Pres. Obama Said At the Debt Negotiations

As you may know, tensions ran high today during the debt negotiations among President Barack Obama, the Republicans and Democrats. Of course it was a closed-door meeting, but some reliable sources came out expressing that President Obama lost his temper, and walked out of debates because the Republicans repeatedly pushed him for a short term deal - one which President Obama had clearly said he would veto.

We've got some interesting quotes that would help you picture the tense drama that unfolded this afternoon at the White House:
Eric, don't call my bluff. I'm going to the American people on this. This process is confirming what the American people think is the worst about Washington: that everyone is more interested in posturing, political positioning, and protecting their base, than in resolving real problems. - Pres. Obama said, according to both Cantor and another attendee
Talk about arbitrary. I am totally willing to do the hard stuff to get well above what you need and you won't do it because you can't put one penny of revenue on the table. At least Mitch McConnell, to his credit, was willing to work for a solution. I have reached the point where I say enough. Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this. - Pres. Obama acknowledging the proposal by the Senate Minority Leader
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy