Monday, August 15, 2011

Rick Perry and Mitt Romney Takes Jabs at Each Other

Rick Perry and Mitt Romney Takes Jabs at Each Other

Governor Perry came into the presidential race with a bang - he debuted at the top of the pack. Because of that, Romney and Perry are wasting no time taking jabs at each other.

On Sunday, Romney said, "I think understanding how the economy works by having worked in the real economy is finally essential in the White House and I hope people recognize that. I respect the other people in this race but I think the only other person that has that kind of extensive private sector experience besides me in the Republican race is Herman Cain, and I respect Herman Cain but I also think it's helpful to have that government experience that I've had," questioning Governor Perry's business credentials, to which Perry responded today by saying, "I think it's oranges and apples. Running a state is different from running a business. What I would say is go take a look at his [Romney's] record when he was governor and my record when I'm governor. Then you got some apples to apples."

Rick Perry is tea party favorite, but unlike Michele Bachmann, he's not portraying himself as a radical right-wing Republican, but rather a modest centrist, so that he can cut into both Ronmeny's and Bachamn's supporters.
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy