Saturday, November 19, 2011

Michele Bachmann: 'I Haven't Had A Gaffe'

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Thursday that her campaign is helped by the fact that she hasn't "had a gaffe," an interesting -- though perhaps not surprising -- claim considering her knack for making misstatements.

"As people are looking at the candidate that is the most conservative and the most consistent candidate, I've been that candidate. I haven't had a gaffe or something that I've done that has caused me to fall in the polls," Bachmann told Greta van Susteren in a Fox News interview. "People see in me someone who's genuinely a social conservative, a fiscal conservative, a national security conservative and a Tea Partier. I'm the whole package."

While Bachmann may be correct that she hasn't suffered from a substantive stumble on the main stage of late, like her rivals Texas Governor Rick Perry or former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain, her comments nonetheless appear to gloss over a past that is rife with controversial distortions and slip-ups.

Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/18/michele-bachmann-i-havent_n_1101362.html#s483186&title=Obama_Very_AntiAmerican
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy