Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Obama: I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth

President Barack Obama is clearly on general election mode as he's ramping up the pressure on Mitt Romney and the Republicans. Pres. Obama said he wasn't born with a "silver-spoon" in his mouth - a direct contract between himself and Mitt Romney, although Obama never directly used the name of the eventual Republican nominee. Nevertheless Obama hit really hard on the Republicans throughout the speech.


"Right now you have two competing visions for the future of out country, and the choice could not be clear. Let me say those folks on the other side - I'm sure they are patriots, I'm sure they are sincere in terms of what they say - but their theory, I believe, is wrong. I never believed the government can or should try to solve every problem we got. I believe that the free market is the greatest force for economic progress in human history. I agree that everybody has personal responsibilities for their own lives. Everybody's got to work hard; nothing ever handed to us. But I also agree with our first Republican President - a guy name Abraham Lincoln - who said that in a true government, we should able to together what we can't do as well own our own."
Search Obama'12 Articles ▼

OBAMA and Economy